Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions record the Participants agreement as to their participation in the Samsung+ Programme which is a web-based programme where Participants can earn “Points” to redeem “Rewards” on the terms recorded herein.
“Samsung” means Samsung Electronics New Zealand Limited.
“Samsung+ Account” means a Participants Samsung+ account [(“Account”) accessed via the Samsung+ Website] used for accruing and redeeming Samsung+ Points
“Samsung+ Website” means the website (www.samsungplus.co.nz) detailing information about the Programme and the rewards available under the Programme.
“Participant” means an individual person who has been invited by Samsung to participate in the Programme and to whom Samsung has subsequently allocated an individual ID number. For the sake of clarity, the Participant shall be deemed to be the person with whom Samsung have invited to partake in the Programme.
“Reward” is a good or service or entitlement to a good or service obtained by the redemption of Points accrued by a Participant, from the participation in the Programme.
“Programme” means the Samsung+ programme to which certain Rewards are offered or made available to the Participant from time to time through the accumulation of points (“Points”).
Terms & Conditions
- To qualify for the Programme, each participant must register at www.samsungplus.co.nz and be approved by Samsung.
- Participants will be able to earn Points each time they sell selected Samsung products. Points will be allocated on a per product basis, for Samsung products. Specific products and points value are determined by Samsung in its sole discretion.
- Participants earn Points in the Programme based on their sales of Samsung products and the products Points allocation.
- Points shall only be accrued on eligible Products and proof of sales required to be uploaded into the Samsung+ Website. The only time this does not apply is when channel HQ is sending sales data to Samsung for the purpose of allocating points on sales transactions.
- Points shall only be accrued on sales to personal individuals; any commercial purchases or purchases with reference to an entity other than an individual (i.e. company, partnership etc.) shall not be eligible to accrue points under Samsung+.
- Certain products will require training to be completed before the participant will be eligible to earn points on sales relating to the product. Access to the training modules can be accessed on the training page of the Samsung+ Website.
- Points accrued in the Programme have no cash or monetary value. Samsung have no obligation to provide lower-value Rewards to accommodate points due to expire.
- Points will expire after [1 year]. If points are not redeemed before their expiry Samsung will accept no responsibility.
- In event of changing job, Participant points shall not be transferrable between different retail brands but shall be transferrable between store locations within the same retail brand.
- Samsung expressly reserves the right without notice to introduce new ways of accruing Points, to stop any or all of the current ways and to remove or modify the rewards available.
- Participants who redeem vouchers (issued by call centre or another store) presented by customers for products purchased will be allocated points for the sale. The issuer of the voucher is not eligible to earn points.
- Points will be clawed back for any sales that have been reversed as a result of customers returning products and or sales completed by mistake, fraudulent sales or for other reasons not complying with these terms and conditions.
- Commercial sales of Samsung products do not qualify for Samsung+ Points.
- Receipts older than 30 days cannot be entered and do not quality for Samsung+ points.
- To redeem a Reward from the Samsung+ Website or other communication issued from time to time by Samsung, the Participant must have accrued the required number of Points for that Reward in his or her Account.
- Points redeemed for Rewards will be deducted from the Participants Account at the time the Reward is requested, and shall be reflected in the Participants Points balance accordingly.
- Rewards will be issued only to the Participant redeeming the Points and will be delivered to the address supplied by the Participant. Rewards are not transferable and shall not be delivered to a destination outside of New Zealand.
- Samsung shall not be responsible for lost or stolen Rewards, after they have been issued or sent to the Participant.
- All Rewards are subject to availability and may vary in colour. Substitutions may be necessary at the discretion of Samsung from time to time.
- Samsung at any time, in their sole discretion, and without prior notice to Participants, may withdraw, limit, modify or cancel the continued availability of a Reward or the number of points required to obtain any Reward.
- Once a Reward has been requested it cannot be amended or exchanged for a different Reward nor can it be exchanged for cash or credit under any circumstances. Rewards may be replaced or re-supplied under any applicable warranty by the applicable supplier.
- Samsung makes no warranties or representations either express or implied and expressly disclaims any and all liabilities (including liability for consequential damages) with respect to type, quality, standard, fitness or suitability for any purpose of all Rewards provided under the Programme.
- Samsung does not accept any liability for death, injury or any consequential loss arising from the supply of a Reward or from the loss, theft or destruction of a Reward.
- While Samsung makes every effort to ensure that the information provided in the Samsung+ Website or any other communication in relation to the Programme is correct, it accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy or misdescription contained therein or for the Samsung+ Website not being up to date.
- Any taxation liability or other government charge or reporting requirement in connection with the receipt of a Reward is the sole responsibility of the Participant. Samsung offers no advice and accepts no taxation liability of Participants arising from or in connection with the Programme.
- To obtain a Reward a Participant must follow the directions advised by Samsung in the Samsung+ Website or any other relevant material provided by email to the Participant.
- These Terms and Conditions and other relevant terms and conditions may be amended by giving 24 hours notice. Such notice can be advised either by:
- Direct communication (i.e. by email notification); or
- On the Samsung+ Website.
- If a participant is not satisfied with any change or variation in the Programme or for any reason wishes to withdraw from the Programme, the Participant may terminate his or her membership in the Programme by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Any Points accrued to the date of termination will be forfeited by the Participant.
- A Participant will be required to register for the Programme. However. The Participant must keep its email address and contact details current and active at all times. In the event that the Participants details change the Participant must update their details by emailing email@example.com. Samsung takes no liability for delay of information as to Rewards arising from the change in Participants contact details, or the email account not being able to receive emails for any reason.
- Participant membership of the Programme is subject to these Terms and Conditions and any rules, policies or procedures that may be adopted or varied by Samsung from time to time. Use of the Programme by entering your Username and Password at www.samsungplus.co.nz will automatically bind the Participant to these Terms and Conditions (as amended by Samsung from time to time).
- Samsung may terminate (or in its sole discretion, suspend) participant membership of the Programme and forfeit any points accrued without notice in any of the following circumstances:
- Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- If the employment in relation to that Participant is terminated for any reason whatsoever;
- If the Participant dies or is declared bankrupt;
- If the Participant is acting fraudulently, or in breach of the terms of the terms and conditions of the Programme or breaches security of access to the www.samsungplus.co.nz website, and Rewards information.
- Under any other circumstances considered reasonable by Samsung.
- Membership to the Programme is offered at the discretion of Samsung.
- Samsung collects information relating to participants details and the number of points earned, accumulated and redeemed by the Participant (“the Information”) so that Samsung can administer the Programme and provide or perform services relating to the Programme. For the purpose of the Privacy Act 1993, the following is noted:
- The Information is collected and held by Samsung and may be stored in servers overseas;
- Samsung may disclose any or all of the Information to its marketing or research agencies for the promotional, research or marketing purposes in relation to the Programme;
- Samsung may use the Participant information to promote other products and services of Samsung, including sharing all or any information relating to the Rewards programme or its participants with related Samsung entites;
- Participants have rights of access to and correction of information supplied to and held by Samsung;
- Samsung will seek permission from channel HQ before carrying out any of the three activities immediately above this bullet point.
- Samsung will from time to time contact participants by email or similar means to provide information relating to the Programme and the Rewards.Samsung will use its reasonable endeavours to transmit notices and other material to Participants to advise him or her of matters of interest including changes to the Programme, but Samsung will not be liable for failure to do so. Samsung will not be responsible for correspondence lost or delayed in the mail or not received by email.
- Any notice will be deemed to have been delivered by Samsung if posted to the mailing address last notified by the Participant to Samsung.
- Neither membership of the Programme, nor Points may be transferred or assigned (including on death or bankruptcy of the Participant).
- Participant entitlement to redeem a Reward is based on the number of Points accrued by that Participant at the time of redemption.
- All Points must be redeemed within the Expiry period. Points remaining unredeemed after the Expiry Period will be forfeited.
- Notwithstanding any other term contained in these Terms and Conditions, Samsung may, at its sole discretion, terminate the Programme in part or in its entirety at any time. In the event of termination of the Programme, Samsung will notify the Participant of such termination or cancellation by sending such notice to the Participants last notified email address. In this situation, all accrued Points must be redeemed within the time specified in such notice. Samsung will not be liable to Participants for Points which are not redeemed by the required date.
- Rewards may only be selected from the Samsung+ Website as at the time of redemption or from any Rewards otherwise made available by Samsung from time to time.
- Samsung will not be liable to any Participant or any person for any consequences of the failure of any system or any strike or dispute or any other circumstances beyond the control of Samsung.
Resolution of Disputes
- Customers must advise Samsung by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org of any disagreement about any Account balance within two weeks of the date of which the Points are credited to the Account. Samsung reserves the right to adjust the Account retrospectively in the event of incorrect entries to the Account whether due to Samsung or otherwise. If the Participant fails to contact Samsung within two weeks of the Points being posted to the Account then such Points will not be allocated.
- All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Programme or the eligibility of Points for accrual or redemption, or any other dispute which arises in connection with participation in the Programme should be emailed to email@example.com for resolution. Samsung will have the final decision should any dispute over Point redemption or awarding arises.
- Samsung reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this programme without notice at any time.
- The laws of New Zealand govern this programme.
- contact Participants to confirm their details have been registered, including prize competitions;
- contact Reward recipients
- provide Participants with further information and its products and services.
- Disclose to its selected media partners for this Programme for Samsung to send participants information. This may be in the form of direct mail or email by Samsung.
- Following registration Participants will be sent an email which will confirm his/her participation in the Programme.
- If for any reason this Programme is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Samsung, Samsung may at its sole discretion:
- disqualify any individual who tampers with the website or entry or Points allocation process; and
- cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Programme.
- Samsung will have no responsibility or liability for:
- any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries in relation to the www.samsungplus.co.nz website, or any other website referred within these terms; or
- any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Samsung on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to a participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this programme or downloading or uploading any materials in this programme.